Welcome to the page where you can download the DofE expedition consent form.
To book onto a DofE expedition you need to complete this electronic form. When you press the blue “Submit” button you should receive an email with details about how to pay.
We take the information held on the form in strictest confidence.
Please do have a look at our Privacy and Information policy which explains how we process the data you provide under GDPR guidelines.
Below are our participation agreement and consent- you will need to agree to these to book onto an expedition.
- When an activity becomes predictable and absolutely safe, it ceases to be exciting or by definition to be an adventure. For an activity to be adventurous it must have an uncertain outcome and it will carry risks. Going into mountainous regions is implicitly hazardous, and if we add to that an adventurous activity, then by necessity the hazards are increased. This implies an inherent and intractable risk of injury or, in the extreme, loss of life. Anyone considering taking part in a trip or activities with Hepworth Adventures need to consider this very seriously, to take responsibility for their own participation, acknowledge and accept these risks.
- The British Mountaineering Council (BMC) acts on behalf of walkers, climbers and mountaineers in the UK and offers the following participation statement that we ask you to agree to:
“The BMC recognises that climbing, hill walking and mountaineering are activities with a danger of personal injury or death. Participants in these activities should be aware of and accept these risks and be responsible for their own actions and involvement.”
- Remotely supervised expeditions involve journeying, in groups, unaccompanied by staff.
- Participants are trained how to manage these journeys safely including going off route and dealing with emergencies.
- Staff will meet groups through the day, but if the group goes off their proposed route there may be periods of many hours when the group has no staff contact, and when the staff do not know the group’s exact location. Participants may be using campsites without facilities and without adult supervision.
- Each group will have a phone that may be their own or one provided by Hepworth Adventures.
This is to be used in an emergency only. Participants should not use this phone to contact home during the expedition.
- Hepworth Adventures expeditions include adventurous activities as defined by the Health and Safety Executive. Staff are trained and qualified to lead in these environments and have a duty of care to make the activities as safe as is reasonably practical. However, adventurous activities by their nature and are hazardous and cannot be completely risk free. Accidents can happen without any contributory negligence from Hepworth Adventures or its staff.
DECLARATION and CONSENT
- I understand and accept the above statements and acknowledge the information received regarding the proposed event.
- I understand and agree to the supervision and camping arrangements as far as has been reasonably set out in the information received.
- I acknowledge the need for responsible behaviour on the part of the participant and if respect is not shown or the school/ Hepworth Adventures is brought into disrepute, the participant may have to return home before the end of the expedition at the cost of the parent/ carer.
- I understand that the Hepworth Adventures staff will be acting in loco parentis and give authority to medical or other authorised personnel to carry out medical treatment and/ or procedures as may be required in an emergency.
- I understand that the participant is responsible for the safe custody of their personal belongings and that Hepworth Adventures or the staff cannot be held responsible for replacing any such personal belongings that are lost damaged or stolen or for compensation of any kind.
- I have read and understand the booking conditions listed on Hepworth Adventures website.
- I agree to the organisers of the programme making contact by letter/ phone/ email with further details of the programme and for monitoring/ future offers of development opportunities.