Everest is more than a mountain and the journey to Everest Base Camp is more than just a trek. As you travel through Sherpa villages and take in the amazing views along the way you will want to come back time and time again. The Everest Base Camp trek is rated as one of the best treks in the world and a journey never to be forgotten.
2024 Price: £1950 per person
Length: 15 days
Previous experience required: If you have been for a hike in the countryside around the UK then you will be fine on this expedition. The trails up the Khumbu valley are better than many in the mountains of the UK.
2024 Expedition dates
8 November – 22 November
We boast a very high success rate to date on our Everest Base Camp trek, this is achieved by having three nights in Namche Bazaar at 3,440m part way through the expedition. This is a highly important acclimatisation point during the expedition, giving you the best chance of making a safe and enjoyable journey to Everest Base Camp.
Please note that if you are a group of 6 or more we can organise a private expedition for you at any date you wish during the year and also use different routes and itineraries bespoke to your group.
- Day 1 Arrive Kathmandu
- Day 2 Flight to Lukla and trek to Phakding
- Day 3 Namche Bazaar
- Day 4 Namche Bazaar acclimatisation
- Day 5 Namche Bazaar acclimatisation
- Day 6 Tengbouche
- Day 7 Dingboche
- Day 8 Dingboche acclimatisation
- Day 9 Lebouche
- Day 10 Gorak Shep – and onto Everest Base Camp
- Day 11 Kala Patthar to Periche
- Day 12 Namche Bazaar
- Day 13 Lukla
- Day 14 Flight and transfer to Kathmandu
- Day 15 day of leisure in Kathmandu before transfer to the airport and depart
Everest Base Camp Itinerary
Why choose to do your expedition with us?
There are lots of providers offering the opportunity to climb to Everest Base Camp. These are some of the reasons we think we offer a better experience than most of the other providers:
- Included in our price is a training weekend in the UK. It gives us a chance to get to know you, and vice versa. It also gives us an opportunity to talk about the expedition, training you may need to do, the acclimatisation process and kit you will need on the trek.
- Jeremy has known and worked with his team out in Nepal since 1995. There are really good relationships between the crew in Nepal and us here in the UK.
- We look after our team in Nepal. We provide our guides with excellent kit so they are able to better look after you. They will have been fed very well during the expedition and should any of the local team be sick on the mountain, we will make sure they are looked after and receive the appropriate medical care.
- We make sure our porters are properly paid and do not carry too much up the valley. As a result, they may well pop back down the mountain from our next camp to help carry your daysack for you if you’d like.
- We offer a very high client : guide ratio to help look after you as we get to base camp and back again!
What’s included in the price of this trip:
- We will meet you at Tribhuvan International Airport and transfer you to our hotel base in Kathmandu, returning you to the airport at the end of the expedition
- 2 nights accommodation in Kathmandu
- All accommodation on the trek
- Internal transport from Kathmandu to the trail in Lukla
- A fully supported trek which includes 3 meals per day
- Emergency equipment such as medical oxygen and emergency evacuation services
- Professional guiding from local guides and qualified, experienced UK leaders
- All park entry fees
- A two day one night training weekend in the UK
The cost excludes
- International Flights
- Visa fees to get into Nepal
- Extra drinks taken in hotels and tea houses during the expedition
- Bottled water or energy drinks on the trek
- Any expenses of personal nature such as bar bills, laundry or telephone
- Travel and medical insurance: you need to make sure you have sufficient medical insurance to cover you for trekking up to Everest Base Camp
- Rescue costs incurred if you need to be evacuated and transferred to a different location (this is usually included in your travel / medical insurance)
- Tips for your mountain crew – $100 max
- Optional extra trips and tours whilst you are in Nepal
Please do contact us if you would like to join this expedition. We require a non-refundable deposit payment of £500 and the balance is due 2 months before the expedition commences.